[FREE Download PDF]
Quickly identify pediatric disorders and begin appropriate treatment! Visual Diagnosis and Treatment in Pediatrics, 3rd Edition, is conveniently organized by presenting symptom, providing you a highly practical way to approach your patients. Differential diagnosis tables are presented with colorful clinical photographs for easy comparison. User-friendly and concise, this lavishly illustrated, easy-to-digest resource is designed to improve your everyday approach to visual diagnosis, making identification more efficient and accurate.
Features:New chapter on child physical abuse brings you up to date with what you need to know in this challenging area. New images and diagnoses keep you well-informed on the clinical scenarios you’re likely to see in practice. Hundreds of colorful, high-quality clinical photographs simplifies identification for similarly-presenting conditions. Quick-reference tables present differential diagnoses in an easy-to-read format that makes reference fast and easy. Special section on visual diagnosis in the newborn and essential breastfeeding images.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:Complete content with enhanced navigation Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future useDownload
[FREE Download PDF]
Betty R. Ferrell
>The first volume in the HPNA Palliative Nursing Series, Structure and Processes of Care provides an overview of palliative nursing care, reviews National Consensus Project guidelines, and offers tools for initiating and maintaining palliative care programs. The content of the concise, clinically-focused volumes in the HPNA series prepares nurses for certification exams as well as quick- reference in daily practice. Plentiful tables, figures, and practical tools such as assessment instruments, pharmacology tables, and patient teaching points make these volumes useful resources for nurses.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
[FREE Download PDF]
by Ross E Petty, Carol B Lindsley (Editor), Ronald M. Laxer (Editor)
Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology examines the full spectrum of rheumatologic diseases and non-rheumatologic musculoskeletal disorders in children and adolescents, detailing the presentation, differential diagnosis, course, management, and prognosis of every major condition. Drs.Ross E. Petty, Ronald M. Laxer, Carol B. Lindsley and Lucy Wedderburn discuss recent developments in diagnosis, treatment, genetics, immunology, imaging, and more.Get an authoritative, balanced view of the field with a comprehensive and coherent review of both basic science and clinical practice. Apply the knowledge and experience of a who’s who of international experts in the field. Examine the full spectrum of rheumatologic diseases and non-rheumatologic musculoskeletal disorders in children and adolescents, including the presentation, differential diagnosis, course, management, and prognosis of every major condition. Diagnose and treat effectively through exhaustive reviews of the complex symptoms and signs and lab abnormalities that characterize these clinical disorders.Keep current with the latest information on small molecule treatment, biologics, biomarkers, epigenetics, biosimilars, and cell-based therapies. Increase your knowledge with three all-new chapters on laboratory investigations, CNS vasculitis, and other vasculitides. Understand the evolving globalization of pediatric rheumatology, especially as it is reflected in the diagnosis and management of childhood rheumatic diseases in the southern hemisphere. Choose treatment protocols based on the best scientific evidence available today.
The new, full-color edition of Cassidy helps you to overcome the challenges of pediatric rheumatology with comprehensive coverage of the latest advances in this constantly evolving field.
[FREE Download PDF]
by Robert M. Kliegman, Bonita M.D. Stanton, Joseph St. Geme, Nina F Schor, Richard E. Behrman
After more than 75 years,NelsonTextbook of Pediatrics remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of pediatric care. Embracing the new advances in science as well as the time-honored art of pediatric practice, this classic reference provides the essential information that practitioners and other care providers involved in pediatric health care throughout the world need to understand to effectively address the enormous range of biologic, psychologic, and social problems that our children and youth may face. Brand-new chapters and comprehensive revisions throughout ensure that you have the most recent information on diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases based on the latest recommendations and methodologies.
• Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible using evidence-based medicine and astute clinical experiences from leading international authors-many new to this edition.
• A NEW two-volume layout provides superior portability and exceptional ease of use.
• Gain a more complete perspective. Along with a broader emphasis on imaging and molecular diagnoses and updated references, the new edition includes an increased focus on international issues to ensure relevance in pediatrics practice throughout the world.
• Effectively apply the latest techniques and approacheswith complete updates throughout 35 new chapters, including: Innovations in Addressing Child Health and Survival in Low Income Settings; Developmental Domains and Theories of Cognition; The Reggio Emilia Educational Approach Catatonia ; Refeeding Syndrome; Altitude-associated Illness; Genetic Approaches to Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases; Healthcare-Associated Infections; Intrapartum and Peripartum Infections; Bath salts and other drugs of abuse; Small Fiber Polyneuropathy; Microbiome; Kingella kingae; Mitochondrial Neurogastrointestinal Encephalomyopathy; Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease; Plagiocephaly; CNS Vasculitis; Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture; and Sports-Related Traumatic Brain Injury.
• Recognize, diagnose, and manage genetic and acquired conditions more effectively. A new Rehabilitation section with 10 new chapters, including: Evaluation of the Child for Rehabilitative Services; Severe Traumatic Brain Injury; Spinal Cord Injury and Autonomic Crisis Management; Spasticity; Birth Brachial Plexus Palsy; Traumatic and Sports-Related Injuries; Meningomyelocele; Health and Wellness for Children with Disabilities.
• Manage the transition to adult healthcare for children with chronic diseases through discussions of the overall health needs of patients with congenital heart defects, diabetes, and cystic fibrosis.
• Understand the principles of therapy and which drugs and dosages to prescribe for every disease.
• Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.