[FREE Download PDF]
The world’s most popular annual medical book – updated with the latest clinical advances and breakthroughs
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2016 offers authoritative, evidence-based coverage of more than 1,000 diseases and disorders, along with a concise synopsis of diagnosis and treatment. In full color and utilizing numerous table and illustrations, this streamlined clinical companion is the fastest and easiest way to keep up with the latest medical advances, prevention strategies, and cost-effective treatments.
Readers will find brief, evidence-based answers to questions about hospital and ambulatory problems. CMDT delivers a complete review of internal medicine and primary care topics, including gynecology and obstetrics, dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, geriatrics, and palliative care.NEW SECTIONS on enhancing patient safety and prevention of medical errors, chronic pain management and analgesic misuse, and management strategies and outcome for prosthetic valve endocarditis NEW FDA updates Hundreds of quick-access drug treatment tables, with indexed trade names and updated drug prices Includes 5 online-only chapters at no additional cost
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
[FREE Download PDF]
by Amirsys by Aliya N. Husain, Ilyssa O Gordon
Diagnostic Pathology: Transplant Pathology is designed for practicing pathologists and transplant clinicians. Written by leading pathologists, this textbook provides a comprehensive yet concise and practical presentation of the pathologic entities that are encountered for solid organ transplantation. There are over 500 pages, nearly 175 pathologic entities, and 1000 images. Also included is a comprehensive section on immunology and HLA testing as well as sections focused on the history for each organ system. This book is not only unique for its field but also essential for any pathologist that deals with transplant specimens.
Finally, this book features the classic benefits of all Amirsys® titles, including time-saving bulleted text, key facts in each chapter, stunning annotated images, an extensive index, and Amirsys eBook Advantage™, an online version of the print book with larger images and fully searchable text.
[FREE Download PDF]
Ideal for both the student seeking a firmer understanding of strabismus surgery and the experienced surgeon looking to improve clinical decision-making, this practical resource uses a case-based approach to help readers conceptualize, plan, and perform complex strabismus procedures at every difficulty level.
With this handy reference, you’ll examine complex cases—each with a unique set of clinical findings—then analyze the information, choose a surgical approach, and make a detailed plan for the procedure, all the while being guided by the steady hands of experienced strabismus surgeons.
At the end of each case you’ll review the findings and think about what worked – and what could have been done better. Then you’ll take a short-answer quiz to lock in the key concepts.
Look inside and discover…Fifty-two real-world cases help you apply surgical concepts and optimize patient outcomes Labeled difficulty levels from “basic” to “expert” help you find the right complexity for focused review Comprehensive cross-referencing lets you focus on the cases you need to review when you need them Expert perspectives help you assess complex cases, weigh your options, and refine clinical choices Extensive video library brings you into the operating room to watch the experts operate Review questions improve recall and make it easy to prepare for certification examinations Reader-friendly format condenses vital surgical information into one handy reference
[FREE Download PDF]
by Sandra Lee Gardner, Brian S. Carter, Mary I Enzman-Hines, Jacinto A. Hernandez
Merenstein & Gardner’s Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care, 8th Edition, is the leading resource for collaborative, interprofessional critical care of newborns. Co-authored by physicians and nurses, it offers concise, comprehensive coverage with a unique multidisciplinary approach and real-world perspective that make it an essential guide for both neonatal nurses and physicians. The 8th edition features the latest neonatal research, evidence, clinical guidelines, and practice recommendations – all in a practical quick-reference format for easy retrieval and review of key information.
• UNIQUE! Multidisciplinary author and contributor team consists of two physicians and two nurses, with each chapter written and reviewed by a physician-nurse team to ensure that information mirrors current, real-world practice in a neonatal intensive care unit.
• Critical Findings boxes and tables outline symptoms and diagnostic findings that require immediate attention, helping you prioritize assessment data and steps in initial care.
• UNIQUE! Clinical content highlighted in color allows you to quickly scan for information that directly affects patient care.
• UNIQUE! Parent Teaching boxes highlight relevant information to share with a patient’s caregivers.
• Clinical images, graphs, and algorithms illustrate clinically relevant concepts in neonatal intensive care.
• Streamlined references include only the most current or classic sources.
• NEW! Coverage of the latest neonatal research, evidence, clinical guidelines, and practice recommendations addresses topics such as: women with chronic illnesses becoming pregnant; maternal obesity; hypotension and shock in premature infants; pain and sedation; dedicated feeding sets vs. IVs for safety; MRSA; pediatric stroke; autism screening; discharge coordination; and more.
• NEW! The latest AAP recommendations and guidelines for hypoglycemia, jaundice, herpes, respiratory syncytial virus, and neonatal transport team composition.
• EXPANDED! Revised Evidence-Based Clinical Practice chapter focuses on evidence-based practice and quality improvement and the role of qualitative research in EBP.
• EXPANDED! Updated Infection in the Neonate chapter features new GBS guidelines and CRP research.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!